Today’s Pick 2 Midday results are in. Here are the winning numbers for Friday October 2, 2020
Your latest Pick 2 Midday results are featured further below. Born2Invest, a leading finance site, publishes live lottery data, from lottery operators around the world. We deliver your Pick 2 Midday results first.
Your Pick 2 Midday results for Friday October 2, 2020 are as follows:
Are you holding the winning lottery numbers in your hand? Thumbs all the way up to you if that is the case.
Remember that most lotteries offer online play without the need to purchase tickets in a physical retail location. Furthermore, online-only operators offer several advantages such as the ability to play with crypto currencies like Bitcoin instead of fiat currencies (cash). Other game options are open in most countries, like slot and casino games.
For years now everyone has been hunting for the strategy that will ensure they get the winning lottery ticket. The internet is teeming with websites promising strategies that will help you hit the jackpot. Sadly these are mostly wasted words and the majority of strategies do nothing to help your chances. After-all, predicting the winning numbers is nigh impossible.
With that in mind there are some strategies that can help you maximize your opportunities:
- Use the second chance: There’s nothing like a second chance. Many lottery tickets have a form on the back that you can fill out. If you then mail your ticket to the provider you get a second chance to win-big with just one ticket!
- Use rare numbers: Most players use the same set of numbers. If someone else has selected the same numbers as you then you will have to split the jackpot with them. Choosing uncommon numbers won’t increase your chances of winning but it will reduce the risk that you will have to split the pot.
- Make a lottery pool: Lottery Pools allow multiple players to pool their resources and increase their chances of winning. Members agree to split the jackpot if one of them wins, increasing the chances of a big win at the cost of a huge jackpot. Whether this tradeoff is worth it entirely depends upon you.
- Play the odds: Different games have different odds. By carefully reading the rules and regulations you can make sure you don’t play a losing card. Keep in mind that government backed lotteries often have fixed odds, which could reduce your final pay-out if you have to split the jackpot. Scratch cards also offer a great way for players to take advantage of smaller payouts with significantly better odds.
Did you know that?
- Talk about odds: in 2010, the Israel lottery drew the same six numbers it did three weeks earlier.
The likelihood of this happening are roughly one in four trillion.
- “I wish I’d torn that ticket up.” This quote is attributed to Andrew “Jack” Whittaker who won $315 million at the Powerball jackpot in 2012. First, Mr. Whittaker was robbed and sued, then both his daughter and granddaughter died.
- 70%: the percentage of lottery winners who either lose all of their winnings or spend them all within seven years.
- 44, 38, and 40 represent the most commonly drawn numbers in the lottery.
- $584,402,676: the amount you would need to spend on buying lottery tickets if you wanted to play every possible combination of a $2 ticket and be guaranteed to win.
- 1-in-292,201,338: the probability of winning if you purchased thousands of tickets as the probability does not increase with further draws.
- 44 states: the number of US states that participate in the lottery. Six states have opted out: Utah, Alabama, Alaska, Mississippi, Hawaii, and Nevada. Nevada does not participate because the state already benefits from gambling profits.
- $1.5 billion (January 2016): the largest jackpot in U.S. history The winning tickets were sold in California, Texas, and Florida.
A-list actors, comedians and other celebrities routinely poke fun at the lottery or make remarks that stress its importance in our culture. A couple of examples:
“A friend bought me a plane ticket to Hawaii, which is where I got discovered and became an actor, so I guess a friend bought me a winning lottery ticket.” (Chris Pratt)
“Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?” (Jay Leno)