Today’s Play4 Day results are in. Here are the winning numbers for Thursday August 20, 2020
Anxious to get your Play4 Day results? Worry no more. Born2Invest has you covered as we publish your Play4 Day results right after each drawing.
Here are your Play4 Day results for Thursday August 20, 2020:
For decades, people have been trying to trick their odds into winning the lottery. The Internet abounds with tips and tricks that are supposed to maximize your chances of winning the “big one.” That most of them don’t work should come as no surprise to the seasoned lottery player as predicting the winning numbers would require a crystal ball.
That being said, some tips are fact-based and can help increase your general odds at coming out on top. Here are a few of them:
- You can join a lottery pool, which gives you more entries without having to spend more money. Many people create their own “pool” in their office or at their workplace.
- Second-chance games can increase your chances at winning the lottery. Many lotteries offer second-chance drawings on non-winning tickets. All you need to do is fill out the form on the back of those second-chance lottery tickets and send it in. You’ll be given a bonus chance to be a winner.
- Picking rare numbers (numbers not often drawn) can result in a large jackpot in case you are the winner. If you win a lottery jackpot, there’s a chance you might have to split the payout with other people who picked the same numbers. So all things being equal (in that all numbers are equally likely to be picked), you might as well try to select rarer numbers to improve your odds of keeping more of the pot for yourself.
- Try to play the right games. All games have different odds of winning. This is extremely important to remember. Always read the odds before playing. Also, keep in mind that lottery games like Powerball and MegaMillions are national lotteries. These types of games have fixed odds of winning. So if many people play them, you could easily end up splitting a jackpot, which would lower the value of your prize winnings. Don’t write off scratch-off games either. While they usually offer smaller prizes, they also tend to offer higher chances of winning overall.
Did you know that?
- The $1.5 billion dollar Powerball jackpot was the largest amount in lottery history.
- 85% of all winners decide to remain anonymous.
- 5: the average number of cars lottery winners buy.
- French writer Voltaire was an early lottery winner.
- In 1980, only 14 states in the US had their own lottery. Today, that number stands at 43.
- Very few winners opt for plastic surgery after a lottery windfall.
- 48% of winners keep their day jobs.