Today’s Pick 3 results are in. Here are the winning numbers for Thursday January 19, 2023
Ready to check your lottery ticket against the Pick 3 results? We have you covered. Born2Invest instantly streams your Pick 3 results at the end of every drawing.
Your Pick 3 results for Thursday January 19, 2023 are as follows:
Did you get lucky today or not? Remember, you can come back to this page shortly after each draw in order to find out if you are holding the winning numbers.
Need more options? Don’t disregard games like Lightning Roulette, which features has a hand-crafted wheel, an immensely engaging and educated live vendor, and the full exhibit of roulette wagers. Additional options would be American Roulette, which is played on a wheel which presents 38 numbers containing boxes 0 and 00 or European Roulette. The European roulette wheel has 37 divisions, where numbers from 1 to 36 and 0 can be found.
They say you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than at winning the lottery. If the math is right, the odds of winning in a pick-6 game is 1 in 14 million. Is it ever worth playing, or is it just a waste of money?
If you’re looking for strategies on how to win, you’ll find that a lot of these tips don’t work. That’s because, at the heart of it, the lottery is largely influenced by probabilities. But fear not—you can still follow these:
- Gather your friends and create a lottery pool: If we’re talking about strategies, you don’t increase your odds by playing frequently, but by playing a lot of tickets. By having a pool, everyone can chip in in terms of resources and then have all play as one.
- Measure which games have the best odds: Different games, different rules—that’s pretty much clear for anyone playing the lottery. Different prices, different payouts, too. Before jumping into the fray, do your research and see which ones can provide you with the best odds. Think of scratch cards—they have smaller payouts, yes, but often have better odds. It’s up to you to weigh which one is more of a priority.
- Don’t be afraid to play rare numbers: What you’re going for here is a bigger payout. Since everybody else is gunning for the popular or lucky numbers, it is more than likely that when someone wins, they will not be alone and will be sharing the pot with a few more. By choosing to go with a more unique combination, you are also increasing the likelihood that you will be the only winner.
- Second chances for the win: The back of your lottery ticket may be the key for a future payout since you can use this to play for another round if you don’t win the first time. Simply fill out the form, and you’re good to go—you don’t even have to shell out the extra dough. Many lotteries offer this opportunity, so don’t toss your ticket to the bin just yet.
Did you know that?
- Bill Morgan, an Australian national was once pronounced dead but was revived 14 minutes later. To celebrate the occasion, he bought a scratch-off lottery ticket and won a car worth $17,000. While he was being interviewed about his luck, he won another $250,000 jackpot.
- The “Speed Camera Lottery” is an electronic traffic monitoring system in Sweden that automatically enters drivers who drive at or below the speed limit. The winnings come from fines paid by speeders.
- More people would rather win the lottery than find true love.
- French writer Voltaire was an early lottery winner.
- Around 70% of 20- to 30-somethings buy at least one lottery ticket per year. Approximately 45% of seniors age 70 or older buy at least one lottery ticket per year.
- Very few winners opt for plastic surgery after a lottery windfall.
- 48% of winners keep their day jobs.
- 44 states: the number of US states that participate in the lottery. Six states have opted out: Utah, Alabama, Alaska, Mississippi, Hawaii, and Nevada. Nevada does not participate because the state already benefits from gambling profits.
- A former math professor (who clearly knows a thing or two about odds) has won the lottery four times: $5.4 million the first time, $2 million a decade later, $3 million two years after that, and finally, $10 million in 2010.
Celebrities, authors and journalists have mused about the lottery for centuries. Among a sea of quotes, here are a couple of great ones about the lottery:
“People would love to be rich, but they’re looking for the easy way. Who wouldn’t want to win the lottery? Just to score.” – Bryan Cranston
“My first audition was for a commercial for the lottery. I didn’t get it, so I hate the lottery.” – Kat Dennings