Today’s Teatime 49s results are in. Here are the winning numbers for Wednesday August 19, 2020
Anxious to get your Teatime 49s results? Worry no more. Born2Invest has you covered as we publish your Teatime 49s results right after each drawing.
Here are your Teatime 49s results for Wednesday August 19, 2020:
For decades so-called lottery experts and gurus have been touting their winning formula. Youtube, Facebook, and Reddit are brimming with tips that promise to help you select the right numbers to hit the jackpot. Sadly these strategies often do nothing to help your game, which will come as no surprise to lottery veterans who understand that it’s impossible to predict the numbers.
That being said, as veterans ourselves, we have picked up some tips that do work.
- Pick uncommon numbers: This tip won’t help you win but it will help you maximize your jackpot. Picking popular numbers increases the risks that you’ll be forced to share the jackpot in the event you do win. Instead pick unpopular numbers to increase the chances that you’ll take home the entire pot.
- Take a second chance: Many lotteries offer the opportunity for players to get a second chance on a ticket. Simply fill out the form on the back of your lottery card and put it in the post to get a second chance to win big.
- Join a lottery pool: Why play alone when you can pool your resources with friends and colleagues? By agreeing to split the jackpot if one of you wins you significantly increase your chances of winning without having to spend more money. Most pools are local but there are larger ones.
- Understand the odds: Different games have different rules. Before putting your hard earned cash down on a ticket you should make certain that you understand the rules. For example fixed-odd lotteries often have split jackpots, reducing your potential payout. On the other hand scratch games offer lower payouts with much better odds than normal lotteries.
Did you know that?
- The $1.5 billion dollar Powerball jackpot was the largest amount in lottery history.
- 85% of all winners decide to remain anonymous.
- 5: the average number of cars lottery winners buy.
- French writer Voltaire was an early lottery winner.
- In 1980, only 14 states in the US had their own lottery. Today, that number stands at 43.
- Very few winners opt for plastic surgery after a lottery windfall.
- 48% of winners keep their day jobs.