This is effective 1 January 2020.
Whenever you visit the Born2Invest website and view the content we publish, you accept and consent to our practices that we describe below. That being said, you have rights that you can exercise when it comes to the use of your personal information.
I. As provided by you. When viewing the content on our website or app, you may elect to subscribe to and receive any of our publications (e.g. online newsletter), express an opinion via the comments section, or subscribe to our website or app push notifications. Through any of these actions, we usually obtain, at the minimum, your name and e-mail address. Moreover, when you contact us, we also receive additional information that you freely provide, which may include but are not limited to your name, phone number, address and company name.
If you are a contributor on our website, you give your consent for us to create an author profile page which may contain additional User Personal Information, which could personally identify you or otherwise be connected or linked to you. This information can include a username, an e-mail address, a real full name, a photograph, links to social media accounts and third-party blogs or websites, as well as a short biography, location, and company. Note that all of this information comes from you and may be visible and accessible to other users of our website.
II. As collected from you. In order to improve our services and understand our readership better, our service providers, advertisers, and other technical partners may use automated means to collect limited, non-personally identifying information your browser customarily makes available whenever you visit any website on the internet or open an e-mail. This may include but are not limited to the devices you used to access our website or app, the type of browser and operating system you have, pages within our website or app that you have visited, sections within our website or app that you have clicked or forwarded, date and time of your access, length of your visit, downtime errors, page response times, etc.
III. As collected by other third-party platforms. The Born2Invest website and app uses third-party platforms to further engage with our readership. This may include but are not limited to social media plugins and share buttons for services like Facebook, Twitter, and more. These tools may collect information about your activities, such as the number of shares and clicks you made on an individual post. Moreover, when you use these tools and integrate them to your own personal account in order to share content from our website or app, you may be allowing these third-party platforms to have access to your profile information in particular, which may include your name, e-mail address, location, and more.
I. We do not intentionally collect your Sensitive Personal Information. This concerns: biometric or genetic information, health and sex or sexual orientation, religious or philosophical beliefs, ethnic origins, political leanings or opinions, commercial or purchase data, personal browsing or search history, employment or educational data, and geolocation data.
II. We do not knowingly store information from children below 13 years old. Our content is specifically not directed towards this age bracket. We respect that there may be varying age limits in different countries.
III. We do not deliberately keep any User Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information that is stored in your computer or mobile device. Any personal information saved in your computer or mobile device is your responsibility.
We use the information we have collected to perform the following actions:
1. We protect the privacy and safety of our readership and subscriber database.
2. We deliver the latest content from the Born2Invest website and app according to your viewing preference.
3. We analyze our readership trends and behavior in order to improve our website and app content. We may make recommendations on related content that might interest you based on the current article you are reading.
4. We troubleshoot and test operations on our backend in order to improve our website and app performance.
5. We create reports and study these analytics in order to improve our content, marketing, and advertising strategies.
6. We notify you about any changes to our policies and services.
7. We respond to any of your inquiries, which may include but are not limited to story feedback and corrections, content partnership offers, contributor opportunities, and technical support requests when viewing and accessing our website and app.
8. We may send you selected e-mail newsletters about financial and economic data, or timely news reports and notices, as well as a digest of our recently published website and app content.
9. We may forward additional information to you including special offers from Born2Invest or specially selected partners who offer products, services, or information, which we believe may be of interest to our readership.
10. We may customize the content and/or advertisements you see on our website and app based on how you use or share the content that we publish.
11. If you are a contributor, we use your User Personal Information to create your author profile page.
12. We may use your User Personal Information for security purposes and only if necessary when investigating possible attempts to harm our users, our company, or our assets. This also applies to our duty to comply with our legal obligation and protect our intellectual property.
Any information you have provided to us is done so with your consent. You have the right to withdraw this consent any time. If you would like to request the deletion of your data, you can always get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, and in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the following are your rights to control personal information:
1. Right to know what personal information we have collected from you in the past 12 months and what categories they fall under, as well as the purpose of collecting this information and with whom we have shared it;
2. Right to know whether your personal information was sold, shared, or disclosed to other business entities for a business purpose;
3. Right to say no to your personal information being sold, shared, or disclosed to other business entities for a business purpose;
4. Right to non-discrimination if you exercise your rights, which may include denial of services or goods, being charged a different price or rate for services or goods, and being given a different quality of services or goods;
5. Right to have your personal information deleted per your request.
I. Concerning your privacy. We do not sell the information we have collected from Born2Invest’s readership and subscriber database to third parties.
We may, however, provide selected information that we have obtained on a confidential basis to certain, trusted non-affiliated companies who are considered to be joint venture or strategic partners, advisors, contractors or consultants who are working with Born2Invest. Information will be shared with such third parties only to the extent reasonably necessary, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations.
Non-personal information may be compiled for statistical purposes and provided to third parties. However, none of this non-personal data will include individually identifiable information.
We will keep a note of any information shared with third parties as well as a justification of why that information was shared, in compliance with the GDPR and CCPA.
II. Concerning your consent. We hope you value the unique and insightful content we publish. You can, however, choose to opt-out of individual communications and any messages we send you at any time by getting in touch with us via email@example.com. Our online newsletters, which are delivered via a third-party service, also have an unsubscribe option, as well as a way to modify your privacy settings.
III. Concerning legal purposes. We are required by law to provide information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, from law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators.
IV. Concerning information security. Born2Invest diligently works to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. Born2Invest, however, cannot guarantee that our security measures will totally prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to such information. In an event of a data breach (loss, unauthorized access and disclosure of, modification and misuse of personal information), we will take the urgent, necessary steps to contain the breach, as well as conduct a thorough investigation and audit. We will also follow the notification and communication protocols as prescribed by the GDPR.
V. Concerning third-party platforms. We strongly encourage reading the respective privacy policies of third-party platforms that we employ on our website and app, such as social media and other sharing networks, or services like OneSignal, to know more about their own coverage. You can modify the privacy settings of your accounts in these sites for your own protection. Born2Invest is not responsible for any information you choose to provide to these services.
From time to time, advertisements or messages we send to you or that we post to the Born2Invest website and app may contain links that take you away and lead you to third-party landing pages or other websites that we do not control. We are not liable for any information you may choose to share with any third parties on their landing pages or websites. We are also not liable for and do not control how they might share the information that they collect from you.
IV. Getting in touch with Born2Invest. If you feel that your information is being used incorrectly, please e-mail us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also be reached at the following:
M6 Limited - Born2Invest 153 Coleherne Court London, SW5 0DY United Kingdom Phone: 1-310-383-8200