Building brand awareness through social platforms is very important for every business. Facebook, for example, is an effective social channel that requires a proper plan and marketing strategy for growing your business.
Does your business have a Facebook presence? If so, have you been actively capitalizing on its social marketing reach or have you abandoned it due to thinking your efforts were futile? I fear many of you are thinking the latter and feel pretty defeated over the lack of results you’re getting there.
Recent Facebook stats:
– Across the globe, Facebook is the top social network for membership with an 84% share. This means your business is missing out on a large potential for brand exposure if not actively involved on Facebook.
– 79% of all Internet users worldwide use Facebook with 68% of those being adults in the U.S. Moreover, it is estimated there will be 169.2 million Facebook users in the U.S. by 2018.
– There are 1.79 billion monthly active users worldwide on the Facebook platform with 1.18 billion people using it on a daily basis. That’s billion. Think about the potential your business has in getting in front of just a fraction of that.
– 50% of 18-24 year-olds immediately log into Facebook when they wake up. If your target market is this age group, you now know the best time to be posting!
– Nearly 30% of users are aged 25-35, which is the most common demographic. This creates a great opportunity for you to get in front of this prime target audience and expand your brand reach more than any other marketing method can accomplish without having to pay multiple thousands of dollars to do so.
– The average time a user spends on Facebook each day is 20+ minutes. This is plenty of time to get your value-rich content in front of them!
– There’s an average of over 8 billion video views on Facebook every day. This is why incorporating video into your social media strategy can be very beneficial.
Facebook is a very crowded space where it has become increasingly challenging to get your voice heard. But there is hope! With the use of offering high-quality content through content marketing initiatives, consistent posting, Facebook Ads and taking advantage of Facebook’s live video, your business can reap many rewards.
Where do you go from here?
There are lots of ways to get better results from your Facebook efforts but here’s a short list that can get you started in the right direction:
– Thoroughly understand who your ideal target market is so you know what kind of posts will appeal to them.
– Start a content marketing plan stemming from your blog and begin sharing that blog content to all of your social media platforms.
– Use a social media scheduling platform like Hootsuite to better organize your time.
– Create value-driven pieces of content (text, images and video) and consistently post them to your page.
– Ensure your business page is looking professional to match your brand design as well as fully filled out with a proper description and URL back to your website so your followers know exactly what you do.
– Add a call to action on your business page that will prompt followers to go to the next level with your business.
– Get actively involved on Facebook both from your personal profile and your business page by liking, commenting and sharing other people’s posts, pages and groups.
– Hire a social media professional who understands Facebook advertising to strategically place promotional ads (as opposed to trying to do this yourself where you are bound to not get the same results and pay a lot more money too.)
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
Is scouting the web for the best finance tips helpful or hurtful?
The wealth of personal finance topics online should make people do better financially. Find out how to get the most...
Which of these 5 loans is right for you?
A credit is not always a bad thing, and you can actually use it to your advantage. Here are five...
A look at the markets since Trump’s election
Data show that economic changes since Trump's election are mostly positive, such as employment and unemployment rates, but Federal debt...
What and why passengers steal from airlines?
Passengers stealing stuff from planes, from cups to cutlery to life jackets, may say more about the airline industry than...
These industries will be disrupted by blockchain
Blockchain is here to stay with corporations banking on this technology. Find out which industries will find blockchain useful in...
Featured2 days ago
Portfolio diversification: How to allocate eggs in several baskets
Business4 days ago
Top 5 food apps for your gastronomic adventure in Europe
Featured2 days ago
Why women must step up their financial knowledge
Business5 days ago
Why your house is not an asset and how to make it one
Destinations5 days ago
5 best places to retire in Europe for Americans
Collections4 days ago
5 celebrity art collectors you didn’t know about
Featured4 days ago
The benefits of executive coaching for your career and your team
Business3 days ago
How can artificial intelligence make ed-tech industry bloom?