Crowdfunding has become a game changer since its rise in the digital market, though it has also been existing as a process to gather funds through traditional means. The introduction and success of crowdfunding platforms such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo have allowed for people with big ideas to get funds for their projects and startups.
In essence, crowdfunding is collecting an amount of money from different individuals especially from primary contributors like family, friends, or pre-arranged investors. Online platforms like social media and blogs have made it easier for any person to crowdfund even on a global scale as long as certain guidelines are carefully considered.
As financial transactions get increasingly digitized, crowdfunding platforms have provided a more cost-effective means of funding great ideas and startups. However, the public and social nature of it has also led to the susceptibility of ideas of being stolen or copied. Some might try to copy you and beat you to the punch. Here are some ways you can dodge the copycats.
- Seek legal protection through patents or copyrights. You may apply for provisional patents or copyrights for your ideas or inventions.
- Preapre an inventory of products for shipping. Many supporters might want to order immediately if you are selling products. It is a good idea to have an inventory ready.
- Be ready to manufacture the products or outsource the manufacturing. Search and close a deal with a manufacturer. You may also need to go overseas to outsource.
- Hire an expert in manufacturing deals and processes. You may need to hire a consultant from other countries who are familiar with cheaper but high-quality manufacturing facilities elsewhere in the world.
- Do not ask for too much money. You can avoid being noticed by potential competitors and copycats if you stay below the radar.
- Raise your own capital. Do not directly resort to crowdfunding without first raising some minimum capital. You may need to produce prototypes or do some marketing campaigns first.
- Rebrand and remarket. You do not necessarily have to invent something new to be successful in a business venture. You may simply need to find a useful but underrated product and rebrand or remarket it better.
- Have a unique brand. You need to refocus your effort in making your brand well-known. Emphasize quality and identify your own specific niche. In this manner, you can build a strong support base of loyal customers.
- Register for trademark protection in China. Most of the product knockoffs come from China. One way of avoiding this is to register for trademark protection in the country even before you launch your project.
- Include freebies or exert extra efforts. You must add value beyond the product itself. Perhaps you can include freebies or launch contests to attract customers.
Six Bel 20 Members Approached to Join the Bel ESG Index
Euronext said in a document it assigns an ESG score for each stock eligible for its ESG indices, based on...
RD-Biotech Inaugurates its New Building in the Heart of Temis Santé
RD-Biotech's new building was officially inaugurated this Friday evening in the heart of the Temis Santé technology park. Located on...
The Colombian Fintech Company Tyba Launches in Chile
Both Tyba and Tenpo are part of the portfolio of Krealo, the corporate venture capital of Grupo Credicorp, the largest...
Your 2022 Guide on How to Get the Most Out of Video Marketing
A video marketing strategy is a must if you want to engage with your audience, improve brand awareness, and boost...
Coffee Futures Prices Influenced by Several Factors
Coffee futures in New York and London closed higher last week with the logistical and production problems in Brazil very important...
Featured2 weeks ago
Why Rice Futures Were Higher This Past Week
Cannabis2 weeks ago
120,000 Visitors Expected at an Exhibition on the Cannabis and Hemp Industry in Argentina
Featured2 weeks ago
A Look at Inflation and How Will Affect the Stock Markets
Business2 weeks ago
Lundin Group-Backed ShaMaran Primed for Post-pandemic Oil and Gas Comeback