Google rolled out on Tuesday a new look of the web version of Google Calendar.
Google Calendar on the web now has a sleek design and has features also offered on the mobile app.
In a blog post, Lars Krüger, Product Manager of Google Calendar, said the updates aim to “help users manage their time more efficiently and get more done.”
“We’re taking a lot of what you know and love from Calendar’s mobile application, like the modern color palette and sleek design, and bringing it to the web with a responsive layout that auto-adjusts to your screen size.”
“We’ve also added more features for enterprises to help teams schedule and prepare for meetings,” Krüger also said.
Krüger acknowledged the feedback given by Google Calendar or G Cal users on how to enhance the Calendar to suit their needs and thus came out with the updates.
In the new G Cal, users can:
1. See conference room details when booking a room. G Suite administrators can enter a conference room’s details so employees would know its location, size and if it has audio-visual equipment and accessible to wheelchairs. G Cal users can hover over the name of the conference room, and a pop-up window will show the room’s location and amenities.
2. Add rich formatting and hyperlinks to Calendar Invite. Links to relevant files in the Calendar Invite can be opened directly from the “Event Detail” view. The new feature can help the user create more detailed agendas and ensure that all materials are in one place before a meeting.
3. Manage multiple calendars. Users can view and manage calendars in separate columns, making it easier for those who manage multiple calendars (administrative assistants, for example), to schedule meetings. A user will just click “Day” view and select the calendars to compare.
Other new features in the improved G Cal are:
- Contact info of meeting participants can be seen by hovering over their name in a Calendar invite;
- View and restore deleted items in one place in case a user accidentally deletes a meeting;
- “Day,” “Week,” and “Month” views are more accessible and feature better compatibility with screen readers.
Details about the changes can be viewed here.
Those who use the Calendar for personal use just have to click “Use new Calendar” in the upper righthand corner of the main Calendar view.
Mashable described G Cal’s new look as “fine.”
“We’re finally breaking free of bland, basic web design—so now you might be excited to sift through all of your Calendar invites on your desktop,” Mashable said.
(Featured image via Deposit Photos)
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
5 places to visit in the Scandinavian region
Will Musk’s $12.4M stock purchase be enough to save Tesla from falling?
What you need to know about the GDPR
Top 20 small towns where millionaires live
5 costs to consider when purchasing a car
Investing in stamps: A global hobby and investment
Put your money on this Daily Fantasy Sports company ahead of Soccer World Cup 2018 in Russia
Daily Fantasy Sports leader positions to take FIFA World Cup 2018 by storm
Exponential, Inc. founder, Dom Einhorn, thinks charitable fundraising is ripe for disruption
Why courtesy on social media pays off
Promoting women’s football in Malta by UEFA projects
Euro NCAP marks its 20th anniversary with two crash tests
European Parliament’s International Trade Committee backs CETA
The American Heart Association has released four new PSAs
PwC presents 20th global CEO survey results in Switzerland
Crypto3 days ago
Cannabis-crypto combo: Melding two disruptive industries
Featured4 days ago
Are you due for a sabbatical?
Business5 days ago
Madrid food secrets: Where to have the best culinary experiences
Featured3 days ago
Should you pay taxes using your credit card?
Featured5 days ago
Discovering US exchange-traded funds: Types and investment considerations
Featured3 days ago
How investors can use ESG metrics as great risk management tools
Base Metals3 days ago
US’ exit from nuclear deal to curtail Iran’s steel expansion goal
Featured3 days ago
5 things you need to know about the world’s billionaires club