Google rolled out on Tuesday a new look of the web version of Google Calendar.
Google Calendar on the web now has a sleek design and has features also offered on the mobile app.
In a blog post, Lars Krüger, Product Manager of Google Calendar, said the updates aim to “help users manage their time more efficiently and get more done.”
“We’re taking a lot of what you know and love from Calendar’s mobile application, like the modern color palette and sleek design, and bringing it to the web with a responsive layout that auto-adjusts to your screen size.”
“We’ve also added more features for enterprises to help teams schedule and prepare for meetings,” Krüger also said.
Krüger acknowledged the feedback given by Google Calendar or G Cal users on how to enhance the Calendar to suit their needs and thus came out with the updates.
In the new G Cal, users can:
1. See conference room details when booking a room. G Suite administrators can enter a conference room’s details so employees would know its location, size and if it has audio-visual equipment and accessible to wheelchairs. G Cal users can hover over the name of the conference room, and a pop-up window will show the room’s location and amenities.
2. Add rich formatting and hyperlinks to Calendar Invite. Links to relevant files in the Calendar Invite can be opened directly from the “Event Detail” view. The new feature can help the user create more detailed agendas and ensure that all materials are in one place before a meeting.
3. Manage multiple calendars. Users can view and manage calendars in separate columns, making it easier for those who manage multiple calendars (administrative assistants, for example), to schedule meetings. A user will just click “Day” view and select the calendars to compare.
Other new features in the improved G Cal are:
- Contact info of meeting participants can be seen by hovering over their name in a Calendar invite;
- View and restore deleted items in one place in case a user accidentally deletes a meeting;
- “Day,” “Week,” and “Month” views are more accessible and feature better compatibility with screen readers.
Details about the changes can be viewed here.
Those who use the Calendar for personal use just have to click “Use new Calendar” in the upper righthand corner of the main Calendar view.
Mashable described G Cal’s new look as “fine.”
“We’re finally breaking free of bland, basic web design—so now you might be excited to sift through all of your Calendar invites on your desktop,” Mashable said.
(Featured image via Deposit Photos)
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
Three Applications Putting Augmented Reality in the Hands of Real Users
Augmented Reality (AR) is an exciting technology, especially now that we’re reaching an age where viable smartglasses are finally coming...
The State of Social Security: A Breakdown of the 2021 OASDI Trustees Report
The difficulties surrounding Social Security have not changed. It’s simply an equation of inflows and outflows. The glaring reality is that in...
Why the Number of Hedge Funds Active on the Crypto Market is Increasing
According to Francesco Filia, CEO of Fasanara Capital, cryptocurrencies often boost the performance potential of traditional hedge funds due to...
Hamburg-Based Neobank Tomorrow Raises €14 Million
So far, Tomorrow has lagged behind its own goals in some respects. In the past, an interim target of 1...
Virtual Reality in Exposure Therapy: XRApplied Making it a Reality
Virtual Reality is notoriously good at tricking our brains into believing that what we’re seeing is real. In fact, VR...
Cannabis2 weeks ago
Thailand Plans to Reap the Benefits of Cannabis Exports
Featured2 weeks ago
CRIF Invests in the Fintech Company Know Your Customer and Signs Strategic Partnership
Crypto2 weeks ago
Cardano Share Price Breaks Through $3 Mark After the Launch of Alonzo Test Net
Business2 weeks ago
Using SEO to Inform Your Website Content Strategy