Google rolled out on Tuesday a new look of the web version of Google Calendar.
Google Calendar on the web now has a sleek design and has features also offered on the mobile app.
In a blog post, Lars Krüger, Product Manager of Google Calendar, said the updates aim to “help users manage their time more efficiently and get more done.”
“We’re taking a lot of what you know and love from Calendar’s mobile application, like the modern color palette and sleek design, and bringing it to the web with a responsive layout that auto-adjusts to your screen size.”
“We’ve also added more features for enterprises to help teams schedule and prepare for meetings,” Krüger also said.
Krüger acknowledged the feedback given by Google Calendar or G Cal users on how to enhance the Calendar to suit their needs and thus came out with the updates.
In the new G Cal, users can:
1. See conference room details when booking a room. G Suite administrators can enter a conference room’s details so employees would know its location, size and if it has audio-visual equipment and accessible to wheelchairs. G Cal users can hover over the name of the conference room, and a pop-up window will show the room’s location and amenities.
2. Add rich formatting and hyperlinks to Calendar Invite. Links to relevant files in the Calendar Invite can be opened directly from the “Event Detail” view. The new feature can help the user create more detailed agendas and ensure that all materials are in one place before a meeting.
3. Manage multiple calendars. Users can view and manage calendars in separate columns, making it easier for those who manage multiple calendars (administrative assistants, for example), to schedule meetings. A user will just click “Day” view and select the calendars to compare.
Other new features in the improved G Cal are:
- Contact info of meeting participants can be seen by hovering over their name in a Calendar invite;
- View and restore deleted items in one place in case a user accidentally deletes a meeting;
- “Day,” “Week,” and “Month” views are more accessible and feature better compatibility with screen readers.
Details about the changes can be viewed here.
Those who use the Calendar for personal use just have to click “Use new Calendar” in the upper righthand corner of the main Calendar view.
Mashable described G Cal’s new look as “fine.”
“We’re finally breaking free of bland, basic web design—so now you might be excited to sift through all of your Calendar invites on your desktop,” Mashable said.
(Featured image via Deposit Photos)
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
BB Biotech: Positive development in a volatile market environment
The total shareholder return in 2020 was 19.3% in CHF and 18.1% in EUR, slightly below the performance of the...
Bitcoin slips back to $53,000 and major altcoins go lower on February 22nd
The fall seen in the price of Bitcoin on February 22 was also strongly felt among exponents such as Ethereum...
The keys to ESG investment in 2021 in the face of growing interest and profitability
While all the data point to the fact that investment under climate, social and corporate governance criteria is increasingly in...
New investments in the Fez-Meknes Region
As part of the industrial revival strategy, the Fez-Meknes Region should welcome 95 potential projects identified in the project bank....
Rebound in pharma and healthcare operations: 14% increase in 2020
The volume of mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector increased by 25% compared to the first half...
Featured6 days ago
Banca Progetto prepares to launch instant lending for consumer credit
Cannabis5 days ago
The ANMAT will allow the importation of cannabis-based products in Argentina
Featured6 days ago
Repsol hires Linklaters and Uría to list its renewable energy subsidiary
Crypto5 days ago
How LODEpay’s Price Oracle is Tackling Silver Spot Price Manipulation