SeniorDomo Opens its Capital to Invergy B Side and Archipelago Next
91% of the capital will be used for marketing the company, while the remaining 9% will be used to improve the services offered by SeniorDomo. SeniorDomo’s main product is a device in the form of a wristwatch that detects risk situations such as inactivity, abnormal pulse or falls in elderly people. In addition, work is being carried out on another of the services offered, the Luzía robot.
SeniorDomo is getting investors’ attention. The telecare company has raised $406,000 (€350,000) from the funds Archipelago Next, Invergy B Side, and its social stock market, as explained by Ángel Puertas, CEO of the company.
Archipelago Next is a Canary Islands investment fund with extensive experience in digital and healthcare companies. Tickets for this fund can range from $58,000 to $232,000 (€50,000 to €200,000).
On the other hand, Invergy B Side is a fund of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), an institution where SeniorDomo was born at the end of 2018, and which invests in projects that emerged in this institution. In addition, three CEOs of Spanish multinational consulting firms, whose names have not been disclosed, have also entered the capital.
Read more on the subject and find the most important business news of the day with the Born2Invest mobile app. Don’t waste your time scrolling the internet, download our companion app for free, and stay on top of the market.
SeniorDomo will invest 91% of the capital in the company’s marketing
91% of the capital will be used for marketing the company, while the remaining 9% will be used to improve the services offered by SeniorDomo. SeniorDomo’s main product is a device in the form of a wristwatch that detects risk situations such as inactivity, abnormal pulse or falls in elderly people. In addition, work is being carried out on another of the services offered, the Luzía robot. This technology is aimed at locating family members by telephone until the emergency is attended to.
SeniorDomo also plans to strengthen its new area of professional services, which currently accounts for 20% of its revenues. This division aims to supply caregiver and telecare companies. Currently, the startup has already reached agreements with companies in the sector such as Suara, and Serunion.
In parallel, SeniorDomo has its sights set on marketing another telecare system and is developing the total monitoring of homes with the inclusion of a Covid-19 radar application. In addition, the company also has on the horizon to bring a “smart pillbox” to market in the coming months.
The company has already raised around $116,000 (€100,000) in a previous round with the aim of launching its platform
The company expects to have a turnover of $174,000 (€150,000) that year, although SeniorDomo claims to be able to double this amount by 2022. Currently, the company employs eight employees, which will be expanded in the coming months as a result of the closing of this round. Previously, the company already raised close to $116,000 (€100,000) with the aim of launching its platform.
The company was launched at the end of 2018 with the entrepreneurial team’s own funds to develop its platform. The startup also has the support of Hubbik, the UOC’s platform for boosting entrepreneurship, and is based in Barcelona’s 22@ district.
(Featured image by Free-Photos via Pixabay)
DISCLAIMER: This article was written by a third party contributor and does not reflect the opinion of Born2Invest, its management, staff or its associates. Please review our disclaimer for more information.
This article may include forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words “believe,” “project,” “estimate,” “become,” “plan,” “will,” and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks as well as uncertainties, including those discussed in the following cautionary statements and elsewhere in this article and on this site. Although the Company may believe that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, the actual results that the Company may achieve may differ materially from any forward-looking statements, which reflect the opinions of the management of the Company only as of the date hereof. Additionally, please make sure to read these important disclosures.
First published in PlantaDoce, a third-party contributor translated and adapted the article from the original. In case of discrepancy, the original will prevail.
Although we made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translations, some parts may be incorrect. Born2Invest assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or ambiguities in the translations provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on translated content does so at their own risk. Born2Invest is not responsible for losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy or reliability of translated information. If you wish to report an error or inaccuracy in the translation, we encourage you to contact us.
Attracting Foreign Investment, an Administrative Odyssey for Fintech Companies in Spain
A well-defined regulatory context will provide investors with greater legal guarantees and will probably contribute to incentivizing investment in the...
Better Opens a Subsidiary in Spain and Projects 5 Million Revenues Before 2025
Better works with healthcare professionals to determine which type of medications are best for patients, after having analyzed and parameterized their...
Cannabis Industry Trends in 2023 – How Are Cannabis Consumers Evolving?
The European medical cannabis industry plays a significant role in the global market. 80% of transactions in this market involve...
If the SEC Is “Killing Crypto,” Why’s It Not Killing KoreChain?
With the SEC now aggressively cracking down on crypto, crypto pundits are accusing it of “killing crypto in America.” But...
Helaba Promotes Energy Transition via Crowdfunding
Helaba Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen ( website) together with the Deutsche Leasing Group (website) launched its own crowdfunding platform. The pilot phase...
Featured1 week ago
Consolidation of the Fintech Sector Reinforces Mastercard’s Commitment to the Sector
Biotech2 weeks ago
Qubiotech Raises €500,000 and Looks to Europe and America by 2024
Business2 days ago
A Look at Barron’s Bond Yields – 1934 to 2023
Crypto1 week ago
Bitcoin: Ordinals Attract Former Ethereum Developers