While homeowners can select any exterior paint color, consider future homeowners during the selection process. Are pink, orange, and black really the best colors to attract buyers? Crazy colors are unappealing and difficult to sell. The correct choice is to select a color scheme that buyers love. The best colors blend with the neighborhood while maintaining a separate identity.
- A suggestion to selecting the perfect colors is checking out the neighborhood’s color scheme. Focus on the frequent colors and incorporate those colors into the home using a specialized color scheme. Specifically, focus on how light reacts to the color scheme during the day. The same color scheme should look amazing on cloudy, rainy, and foggy days.
- A professional opinion is wise as agents may have connections to painting companies who can help homeowners find the correct color scheme for the home exterior. Other people who may know painting companies are family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers.
- Decide on a two, three, or four-color scheme. Pick a color resembling the neighborhood. This is the base. The second and/or third color is color accents designed to stand apart from neighboring homes. For a four-color scheme, the first two colors tie into the neighborhood instead of one.
- An alternative for choosing two to four colors is selecting two to four shades of the same color. The shades offer variety and unity, eliminating scatterbrained results.
- The second alternative for colors is picking two different colors. Pick one of those colors (i.e., white) and select a light and dark shade (i.e., ivory and beige). Now there are three shades. The third color will add the noticeable pop while the other shades balance the home. For a four-color scheme, pick a light and dark variation of both colors. Like the second alternative, the shades gel together and avoid disorganization.
- Get a paint professional to coordinate the colors. While the exterior walls should be a neighborhood-designated color, the accent color should go to the trim and shutters. Three and four-color schemes can assign one paint shade to trim and another for shutters. However, use the accent color in small doses. Overdosing accent colors result in a jumbled mess.
Popular color schemes
The popular color choices are white, green, yellow, and gray. Welcomed dark colors are blue and brown. White is the basic home color that blends with any shade. Yellow is the pop of color representing happiness and warmth. Green, gray, and brown are the best colors highlighting nature. Green blends effortlessly around trees, grass, and leaves. Gray works best around concrete, rocks, and stone. Brown compliments trees, wood, and soil. Last, blue represents peace and serenity.
Interested parties preferring shades to colors will be happy to know of the six colors, some shades blend better than others do. During the decision-making process, consider beige, cream, wheat, buttercream, pearl gray, blue-gray, cobalt blue, off-white, ivory, russet, cocoa, tan, chocolate, olive, and emerald.
Exterior paint colors are the home’s first impression for buyers, residents, invited guests, and passersby. Understand that paint colors can’t sell a home by itself. Combine paint color, curb appeal, cleanliness, staging, marketing skills, price, and home inspection to complete any sale.
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
Most Americans agree to decriminalize marijuana
More than 60 percent of Americans surveyed want to legalize the use of marijuana, an increase from the 40 percent...
Dow Jones earnings hit a new all-time high
Following the US midterm elections, the Dow Jones advanced 2.13 percent with more all-time highs to follow before the year...
Gold and silver dip as the greenback continues to climb
Gold and silver prices are continuing to go down in favor of a stronger U.S. dollar, so what happens now?
A light that never goes out: Longtime Marvel writer and publisher Stan Lee passes away at 95
Stan Lee, a well-known publisher and writer of Marvel Comics, died this Monday in his Los Angeles home. Lee was...
RealtyShares starting to crumble after lack of venture capital
Real estate crowdfunding portal RealtyShares has some grim announcements sent to its investors and it shows just how risky crowdfunding...
Featured4 days ago
Portfolio diversification: How to allocate eggs in several baskets
Featured4 days ago
Why women must step up their financial knowledge
Business4 days ago
How can artificial intelligence make ed-tech industry bloom?
Featured1 day ago
How Americans still have money for favorite leisure activities despite loans
Featured2 days ago
Examining the importance of organizational health
Featured3 days ago
Smart money management: 7 apps to keep your finances in order
Business2 days ago
How costume designs contribute to the success of a show
Economy3 days ago
Why pay taxes? It’s a surprising secret to living the good life