Sometimes it is very important to think like a scaffolding expert while working at a certain height from the floor. So, when the construction worker is looking to change certain items from a certain height, he should follow a lot of safety tips.
In this piece of content, you can go through some of the easy yet effective tips explained in the process, that the experts should surely apply.
Tips related to scaffolding
Some of the tips are listed below, check them out carefully and make sure to keep them in your mind.
The first tip of safety is to ensure that the manufacturer’s instructions are followed to T when the scaffolding is erected. After this, the people working on it should ensure that they are not working during windy or stormy weather. In addition to this, there are many tips that a construction worker can follow while working on scaffolds.
– The construction workers should not climb on the scaffolds that usually wobble or lean on one of the sides
– Before mounting the scaffold, the construction worker should inspect it very carefully. The scaffolding should not be used if a pulley, hook, block or fitting is worn out, rusted, cracked, or damaged in a different manner
– The scaffold should not be used if the rope is torn, damaged, or frayed
– If the scaffold is tagged as out of service, the construction owner should stay away from it
– It should not be supported using objects like bricks, blocks, boxes, or barrels
– The construction workers should work on it or platforms unless they are totally planked
– It should not be used unless there are guardrails or flooring in the right place
– It should be leveled after every corner; The adjusting leg screws should not be extended beyond 12 inches
– The workers should not walk beneath the scaffolding unless a wire mesh is installed right in between toe board and the mid rail
– The workers should use safety belts when they are working on Scaffolds that are raised above 10 feet from the ground
– The worker should not jump from one level to the other
– The worker should not slide on the cables, guys, or ropes that are used for bracing
– The worker should keep both the feet on the deck and should not climb or sit on the guardrails
Additional safety tips for scaffolding
In addition to this, the worker should not peek out from the scaffolds; ensure that the entire space is free from all material like loose tools, scraps, tangled lines, and other kinds of obstacles that might prove to be detrimental to the efficient construction of the building.
Some more tips to consider is that the person working should not throw anything from the elevated level unless a spotter is patrolling below and is the designated one to catch the thing that is thrown below. Usually, debris chutes should be used to lower items. Instead of the chutes sometimes the worker can use a hoist or the bare hands to lower the items from the scaffolding.
One more thing to look out for is, the mobile scaffolding should never be moved when someone is on the work. Also, the wheels should be secured using wheel blocks, and the wheels should be locked using the feet and must be depressed using the feet alone before using the scaffold.
Hopefully, based on the tips mentioned above the building workers will work in safe and secure manner and the number of deaths due to falling from great heights will reduce drastically over time. Consider all these safety tips for scaffolding.
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
Why insurance is a sensible investment for any growing business
Business owners need to recognize the importance of insurance and how it is a valuable investment for a company's future.
3 things business travelers need in their travel plans
Unsurprisingly, travel buyers are setting goals like reducing costs, improving compliance, and boosting traveler satisfaction in 2019. To meet those...
Pay-As-You-Go vs. Subscription: Which model is best for your business?
Netflix does it, Spotify does it, and even razor companies have gotten on the bandwagon by offering subscription services. How...
US crude oil tankers headed to China as trade talks resume
With trade talks between the U.S. and China resuming, several ships have been identified as oil tankers likely delivering U.S....
Gambling outlook for 2019: Will the UK’s crackdown have an impact on investors?
Regulatory changes in the UK's gambling industry are set to take effect this year. How would these affect potential investors?
- Business5 days ago
How AR and VR are changing EdTech
- Featured5 days ago
Banking tech trends to watch for in 2019
- Business5 days ago
5 great real estate markets for investors in 2019
- Entrepreneurship3 days ago
Why and how to invest in healthcare app development
- Business3 days ago
What zero trust security will mean for the payments industry
- Commodities4 days ago
Newmont Mining agrees to all-share takeover of Goldcorp Inc.
- Featured4 days ago
The best security options for high-end luxury homes
- Business3 days ago
How construction companies are embracing environmental compliance