We are already well into 2017 and spring is fast approaching. For many, spring signals that it’s time to once again start thinking about ways to update your office space and give it a new, exciting feel. Here are some great tips for ways that you can update your office this year.
1. If you have an iPhone that you use for business purposes, why not coordinate your desk with it? The newly designed Milk desk features a solid white surface with rounded edges that give it a resemblance to your phone. It has a powered lift and lower feature, integrated cable organizer, and four compartments that can be configured for storage or even as an aquarium if you are so inclined.
2. One great way to change your work space is with Softwall. It’s a great way to partition a room. I love it because, being constructed from felt enclosed in paper, it doesn’t absorb all the light in the room, so it remains bright inside. It can be shaped any way you want, and you can simply roll it up when not in use. It also dampens sound better than most other partitions. I think that it looks great!
3. Upgrade your office chair with a Haag Capsico. This is not your garden-variety chair by any means. It’ll give you a much more ergonomically correct posture that doesn’t cut off blood flow in your legs. It’s constructed in a way that allows you to sit either sideways or in reverse position, and still have support for your arms. The entire chair tilts back so that you can relax in a reclined position.
4. Bean bags make great additions to any office. They are available in a wide variety of colors, and can be used in a million different ways. Four bags paired with a coffee table creates the perfect meeting room. I prefer the Sumo Omni for my office.
5. Having a bibliochaise gives every office a more regal look. They’re great for organizing all the reference manuals and other books that you keep in your office. Maybe locate it near your bean bags meeting room for a convenient place to sit and read.
At first glance you might not be sure what a book chair is, I wasn’t but I found it fascinating! Since I first ran across one of these I’ve wanted one, but the price tag makes it out of reach for the moment. I have spent quite a bit of time putting one on the showroom floor through the ringer, and can say that they provide superior comfort and allow you to sit and lie in multiple positions.
6. If you really want something unusual, particularly if your business is innovation and you don’t want your office to look like the average office wasteland, consider a meeting bed. I know it sounds crazy, but why not? It’s your space after all.
7. The reception is the perfect place to make a good impression and a Luxe Water Wall can make the right one. They look great and give an elegance to a lobby.
8. The coolest idea that I’ve run across in a long time is a seven-person conference bike. What a great way to get some exercise and do some team building, all while making important business decisions!
9. What about an art table? I discovered these when I had a chance meeting with Marie Westh at a local café. She’s a local artist that has created some great table designs that she showcases on her website and at exhibitions. You should check out her website to see some of her fantastic creations.
10. Another unusual piece of furniture is known as a balance act. I’d say it’s more of a metaphor than an actual piece of furniture, but it’s still pretty awesome! The idea is that you can hold a meeting with three people where they have to work together to keep their balance during the meeting. It may be a bit impractical, but what could be cooler?
11. Cordwood is not only aesthetically pleasing, it’s also super for acoustics and provides a great texture to your wall. My friends at Connecta came up with this idea, and built a huge wall made from cordwood. It looks awesome!
Give some of these tips a try in your office. Have some fun with it and see what ideas you can come up with on your own. The only limit to what you can do is your own imagination!
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
The crypto sector in India is in the midst of uncertainty
Since the relaxation of regulations, India has seen a resurgence of crypto fever, but uncertainty has returned, shaking a reborn...
VR News: Zadar Ventures (TSXV:ZAD, OTC: ZADDF) poised to win big with XRApplied acquisition in the augmented and mixed reality and toy industry
Video game giants like Nintendo and Niantic Labs have already won big by capitalizing on the integration of virtual and...
Union Investment Survey: What motivates Germany’s ESG investors
The intensive sustainability debate of recent years has left its mark on the portfolios of institutional investors in Germany. The...
Digital economy: “Mondjossi”, the platform to bring craftsmen closer to their customers
Among the measures taken by the United Nations Capital Development Fund to combat the effects of COVID-19 in Burkina Faso,...
How did real estate crowdfunding get through the health crisis?
With the containment measures, construction sites had to be interrupted on March 17th. Some projects financed via crowdfunding platforms have...
Business6 days ago
How to create a video marketing strategy that gets results
Africa7 days ago
Morocco is ending the lockdown but remains closed to tourists
Cannabis7 days ago
The demand for cannabis continues to increase across Europe
Featured7 days ago
The Wirecard scandal upsets the fintech world