It’s rare that I meet with someone who is super excited about meeting with a financial advisor. I get it. Most people don’t like to talk about money because it’s an emotional topic but there are reasons to make an appointment so you’re educated and not stressed about money.
Can you answer these questions?
-How much have you saved in your emergency fund?
-What’s your total debt including house, cars, student loans, and unsecured debt like credit cards?
-Have you maxed your employer match for retirement investing?
If you’re not sure, it’s time to review your financial plan (or create one) with a financial advisor who understands you and your family’s needs and money-related goals.
1. Life Happens. Divorce, marriage, minor children, adult dependents, and starting or closing a business are all reasons to make an appointment with a financial professional. Protecting yourself and your dependents as a married person and during and post-divorce is important to the long-term financial health of your family just the same as having a succession plan in place for your business is important to the financial health of you and your employees. If something should happen to you, your family, employees, and assets need to be protected.
2. Inheritance. If you come into money like an inheritance or win the lottery, call your financial advisor before you spend the cash. Most people don’t do this and spend all of their money within two years. I don’t say call because I want you to share, it’s because I want to make sure you’re spending and saving in ways that meet your financial goals, including any taxes owed to Uncle Sam.
3. The Dreaded B-word – BUDGET. Hardly anyone likes the word budget and yet we all need one for our household and business. The reason is so we can see our income and expenses, pay down debt, and save for the future. You may choose to buy a used car instead of a new one for the new driver in your family or you may decide it’s better to have them get a job to pay for their own car. That’s the type of decisions you can make when you have a budget and understand your personal finances and goals.
4. More than $200,000 saved for retirement. Did you know that an employer-sponsored retirement plan isn’t the only way to save for retirement? It’s likely the first way many of us started saving but there comes a point when you maximize the savings and need to look at other options like IRAs. When you’ve reached $200,000 in retirement savings, you can then look to options that protect your investments and provide tax savings.
5. Retirement plan. It’s great that you’re saving for the future but when was the last time your investments were reviewed? Markets change and are influenced in part by the political climate making it important to have a professional review your retirement plan at least on an annual basis.
Why is it important to meet with a financial advisor? Because we create and review financial plans on a daily basis, read about market trends, and follow our clients’ investments. We understand how to help or protect your financial future so you can reach your goals and retire to the lifestyle you desire. A strong advisor will not only invest your money, they will educate you so you can actively participate in the process.
There’s no better time than NOW to meet with a financial advisor!
DISCLAIMER: This article expresses my own ideas and opinions. Any information I have shared are from sources that I believe to be reliable and accurate. I did not receive any financial compensation in writing this post, nor do I own any shares in any company I’ve mentioned. I encourage any reader to do their own diligent research first before making any investment decisions.
ESG Investing Is About Getting It Right Over the Long Term Without Losing Profitability
There are many aspects that condition the selection criteria in ESG investment, such as the environmental or social dimensions, without...
Soybeans and Soybean Oil Appears to start a New Leg Down on the Charts
Soybeans and the products closed lower last week on improved rains for central and northern Brazil and still too much...
Why Coinbase Increasingly Relies on Solana
The crypto exchange Coinbase has set itself the goal of processing transactions in less than a second and for less...
Roche Will Pay Up to €2.8 Billion for Carmot Therapeutics
Roche is set to acquire Carmot Therapeutics, along with three clinical-stage assets for treating obesity and diabetes, for a maximum...
Groupon Is Overhyped and Overexposed — Here’s Why RDE, Inc. Is a Better Alternative
In the last month or so, Groupon’s been on a little bit of a recovery bull run following some hype...