The Municipality of Milan launches a call to co-finance civic crowdfunding campaigns
All non-profit organizations which have their headquarters in Milan, can now take part in the Municipality’s call for civic crowdfunding. All projects that reach a collection equal to 40% of the total cost of the project, which will have to be maximum $111,000 (€100,000), will receive a grant from the City of Milan to cover the remaining 60%, up to a maximum of $67,000 (€60,000).
The City of Milan has launched a call for civic crowdfunding with the aim of soliciting social innovation projects that contribute to the revival of the city, starting from its districts.
The initiative was carried out with the collaboration of the crowdfunding platform Produzioni dal Basso, to host the campaigns, and with the platform Ginger Crowdfunding for assistance in their preparation. In 2016, the City of Milan had already promoted a similar initiative, which was successfully completed in February 2017.
If you want to find more about the Milan Municipality’s call for civic crowdfunding, download the Born2Invest mobile app. Our companion app is a fast and easy way to check the latest business headlines. It gives users access to recent publications and stories, media and objective analysis, thematic sections and feeds.
All non-profit organizations from Milan can propose projects
All the non-profit organizations (associations, foundations, social enterprises) with an operational headquarters in Milan can respond to the call of the City of Milan proposing projects up to $111,000 (€100,000) to expand or renew their service offer. The official presentation of the initiative will take place live streaming on Wednesday June 3rd, at 15:30.
In the call for proposals it is requested to present a crowdfunding campaign to collect part of the resources needed, by July 31st. Thanks to Ginger Crowdfunding, which will offer online training, it will be possible to get assistance to develop and promote fundraising in the best possible way.
If the project is evaluated positively, the campaign can be launched on Produzioni dal Basso and raise some of the resources needed, within a maximum period of 60 days, with the assistance of a Ginger Crowdfunding tutor.
The Municipality of Milan will grant up to 60% of the necessary sum
All projects that reach a collection equal to 40% of the total cost of the project, will receive a grant from the City of Milan to cover the remaining 60%, up to a maximum of $67,000 (€60,000).
The projects will have to concern “peripheral areas characterized by persistent problems of social, economic, cultural and environmental hardship. The identification of the target areas, and consequently the recipients, is also inspired in the case of this project by the need to ensure an adequate response to the new needs emerging as a result of the COVID19 health emergency, ensuring in particular effectiveness and concentration of resources and those initiatives to support communities in the most disadvantaged areas.”
The Civic Crowdfunding initiative of the Municipality of Milan has been designed in line with the “Operative Plan of the PON Metro Milan 2014/2020 interventions” with the aim of making the crowdfunding tool available for the promotion of social innovation projects aimed at the peripheral areas of the city.
The total amount earmarked for the contributions provided for in the call for proposals is $614,000 (€550,000) from the PONMETRO Milan 2014-2020- action 3.3.1.c (European Social Fund), and will be granted in accordance with the following provisions de minimis state aid within the meaning of EU Regulation 1407/2013.
(Featured image by Francesco Ungaro via Pexels)
DISCLAIMER: This article was written by a third party contributor and does not reflect the opinion of Born2Invest, its management, staff or its associates. Please review our disclaimer for more information.
This article may include forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words “believe,” “project,” “estimate,” “become,” “plan,” “will,” and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks as well as uncertainties, including those discussed in the following cautionary statements and elsewhere in this article and on this site. Although the Company may believe that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, the actual results that the Company may achieve may differ materially from any forward-looking statements, which reflect the opinions of the management of the Company only as of the date hereof. Additionally, please make sure to read these important disclosures.
First published in Crowdfunding buzz, a third-party contributor translated and adapted the article from the original. In case of discrepancy, the original will prevail.
Although we made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translations, some parts may be incorrect. Born2Invest assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or ambiguities in the translations provided on this website. Any person or entity relying on translated content does so at their own risk. Born2Invest is not responsible for losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy or reliability of translated information. If you wish to report an error or inaccuracy in the translation, we encourage you to contact us.
[Week 23] The TopRanked.io Weekly Digest: What’s Hot in Affiliate Marketing
This week we're bringing you top-secret CIA know-how on hacking people's minds and bending them to your will. And if...
Large Traditional Banks Manage 75% of Spanish People’s Investments in Funds
There are three main reasons why Spaniards prefer traditional banks to manage their investments. The first of these is due...
Atomic Wallet Hack: Stolen Cryptocurrencies End Up at North Korea-Linked Coin Mixer
As the aftermath of the Atomic Wallet hack unfolds, it highlights the ongoing challenges associated with securing crypto assets and...
Italian Parliament Will Work on Regulating the DLT Market
The integration of DLTs into corporate law starting with the representation of financial products and instruments in digital form is...
Ibions Seeks Investors and Anticipates Revenue of €1.5 Million in 3 Years
The objective of this first round of investment is to complete the development of the platform through which the company...
Featured1 week ago
Consolidation of the Fintech Sector Reinforces Mastercard’s Commitment to the Sector
Cannabis20 hours ago
Canadian Cannabis Companies Have 1.5 Billion Grams of Unsold Cannabis
Business5 days ago
A Look at Barron’s Bond Yields – 1934 to 2023
Crypto2 weeks ago
Bitcoin: Ordinals Attract Former Ethereum Developers