The Chipotle restaurant located at 9733 Sawmill Parkway in Powell, Ohio, was reportedly shut down after reports posted in iwaspoisoned.com on July 29 and 30 said that nine customers experienced symptoms such as fever, nausea and vomiting after eating in the said restaurant, Business Insider reports.
According to Chipotle spokeswoman Laurie Schalow, they are not aware of any food-borne illness cases and that they are currently cooperating with the local health department. She also said that they take food safety claims seriously and that they are looking into the reports of illnesses at their Powell restaurant.
Local health officials have inspected the said restaurant on Thursday, July 26, and observed violations concerning improper storage of several food products, particularly lettuce and beans. The beans were not kept in an adequately warm temperature, while the lettuce was not properly chilled.
Chipotle reportedly stated that its Powell restaurant would be reopened on Tuesday, July 31, with impending approval from the local health department.
E. coli outbreak related to lettuce across the US
Just recently, there was an E. coli outbreak related to romaine lettuce that affected 210 people from 36 states, including five deaths in California, Arkansas, Minnesota and New York. But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced in early July that the outbreak was over.
Officials also recently discovered a source of the similar E. coli strain that contaminated the romaine lettuce supply, per CNBC. Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said that they found the same genetic strain of E. coli in the samples of canal water in Yuma, Arizona.
Not Chipotle’s first time
A Chipotle restaurant in Virginia was also closed last year after customers contracted norovirus. Over 130 people got reportedly sick after eating at the restaurant. The restaurant was closed for two days.
In 2015, 80 students from Boston College got sick after eating at a Chipotle restaurant in Cleveland Circle. A few months before this incident, Chipotle had closed around 43 restaurants in Washington and Oregon due to the E. coli outbreak that affected 22 people. Though they closed several restaurants, it was reported that “only eight restaurants have drawn concern.”
The stock of Chipotle dropped 3.3 percent on Monday, July 30, after Business Insider first reported the incident.
VR Bank Bamberg-Forchheim Celebrates Seven Successful Crowdfunding Projects
The VR Bank Bamberg-Forchheim eG not only initiates and maintains the online platform, but also acts as a donor. Because...
Alarming Campaign Absenteeism Jeopardizes Bill Regulating Recreational Cannabis in Colombia
The bill regulating recreational cannabis must pass a total of eight debates, divided into first and second rounds: four and...
CNBV Calls for Unity in the Mexican Fintech Sector to Drive its Development
The fintech sector is made up of 650 identified firms, according to the latest Fintech Radar Mexico 2023 published by...
Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ Leukemia Drug Receives European Commission Approval
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of drugs in neuroscience and oncology. Founded in 2003 in...
Citi Announced a $6 Million Loan to Sempli for SME financing
The credit granted by Citi was given in partnership with high-impact investors and multilateral development organizations. They all seek to...
Biotech1 week ago
AbolerIS Pharma Closes a Round of €27 Million Led by Caixa Capital
Crypto2 weeks ago
BitBoy Crypto Ends Partnership with Youtuber Ben Armstrong
Business3 days ago
Current Woes in Bonds Promise Future Grief for Stocks: Focus on Dow Jones
Business1 week ago
Your Small Business Phone Is Scaring Away 94% of Your Clients. Here’s How to Fix it With Air Landline